Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Christmas Sweet...

     As Christmas is approaching at breakneck speed, I'm winding down the ever popular 25 Days of Christmas.  When I started it, I really wasn't sure how it would go over...being that Sean is a guy and all.  But.  I have to say, that all of this spoiling him and giving him this little extra attention sure has made him happy!  And all it took was just a little bit of my time and some extra planning ahead on my part.  That's it.  And lemme tell ya.  It has been well worth it.  Because it's that proverbial cycle...I invest that time and attention into him...and he does the same into me.
As I've posted before, some days I really went all out, and other days I wrote a note that was really personal and from my heart.  This morning, he woke up to find a jar of Hershey Kisses with a note about how a jar could never hold all of the kisses I will give him in a lifetime.  But at least this was a start.  Simple, but sweet.  Literally.






     Tomorrow's surprise involves lots of candy bars and sweet notes that go along with the candy of choice...hidden all around so that he will find them all through the day and evening.  One side benefit...there is no way on earth he can eat all of this candy by himself.  He's just gotta share!! :)





     So I just found a sweet note in my purse a few seconds ago.  Said something to the effect of I was being thought of at that very moment and how much I was loved.  I am absolutely blessed beyond what words can say.  We don't do these sweet things for each other in order to get anything in return.  In fact, I would still do them even if I never got another thank you from him again.  It's because I love him and it's just one of the ways I can show him...in fact, long after December is over, I plan to keep doing these little surprises for him.  Maybe not every single day, but on a regular basis, at least.
     As Christmas is coming closer, and we celebrate our first holiday as an engaged couple, I've been taking the time to reflect over the last year(s).  I'm sure that our age, experiences, and place in life has a lot to do with how we treat each other, but we have made it a point to not take each other and what we have for granted.  What an incredible feeling to know that I will never be taken advantage of, pushed to the side, or used for his benefit.  That is unconditional love, and to be able to experience it during this Christmas season with the one I love, along with our family, brings a sense of completeness I have never known before.  As I finish up this little gift for Sean that I threw together at the beginning of the month, I have to admit I never thought it would have the effect that it did on me.  Even if all he got out of it was little gifts, treats, and some special nights, I will always continue to make the effort to make him feel special, loved, and appreciated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment