Monday, January 16, 2012

Confession Time!

     I have a confession to make.  I absolutely love music...any kind really...yet I don't do this gift any kind of justice.  Because, for the life of me, I can't remember a dadgumed thing about any of it.  I can hear a song, listen to the lyrics, hear who sings it, yet 2 minutes later, I couldn't tell ya who sang it.  This doesn't just happen with new music, though.  Even with songs that I've known my whole entire life...I can't tell ya who sang it.  I know all the words...just not who's singing it. 
     Being the smart kind of guy that Sean is...he's been taking advantage of my weakness.  Cause we have a little game we play.  It's not a new game.  In fact it's a classic.  We have our own twist to it though and call it "Drink up Herb/Madge".  It has to do with naming the artist on a randomly chosen song on the radio.  Needless to say I really can't remember winning any games.  Maybe a round or two if I'm lucky...I will admit that I've lost with such classic artists as Madonna, Sting, and even...get this...Randy Travis.  I know.  I suck.  I have my way around it though...I've learned to jump in and answer with the most random artist or band I can think of.  I've said that POD was the artist when in fact Dolly Parton was the one beltin' it out.  Funny thing is, I'm thinking that if I keep throwing out the randoms then after a while I will eventually get one right.  I keep telling Sean that him being with me just gives me some kind of brain fog cause when I'm alone I get every single one of 'em right...
     For someone who pretty much always has music on and can be found listening to some of the most random types of music, I'm pretty sure I'm the only durf who can't remember anything.  Going with the idea that my brain is chalk full of really useful knowledge...

2 comments:

  1. With Dave, I just keep guessing AC/DC or Ozzy Osbourne. Eventually I'll be right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to know that I am by far not the only one. I will have to keep in mind the Ozzy answer...I've been known to throw out Aerosmith since they're my favorite band of all time. Never can go wrong with that one!! :)

      Delete