Thursday, April 26, 2012

And Another Update...

     Needless to say, life has been just a tad bit hectic over the past couple of weeks in our neck of the woods.  To say the least.  From moving, school, planning the summer, and just straight up dealing with life we are hanging in and hanging on!  And lovin' every minute of it!  Although there barely seems to be enough time to sleep, I wouldn't change a thing.  Well, maybe get to throw in a nap every now and then, but other than that...So what's up, you ask?  Let me just fill you in! 
     Nothing has really changed, except that we are mostly moved in and we have made some fun and exciting plans for the summer.  I absolutely love having something to look forward to.  I really don't think I would make it too far in life without having something cookin' on the planner.  Even if it's small and seemingly insignificant to others, it's something to me!  We've always had our somewhat regular date nights, but I will be honest...I've let my "creative" stuff slide with all the extra stuff we've had going on lately.  And that is fixin' to change!  I've been thinking up some great ideas to do...there's something to be said for fun and special treats for date night instead of the traditional going out to eat.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  In fact, we just had a tasty meal out together last night.  And tonight I have something pretty sweet up my sleeve.  I'll be sure to write about it later.  Cause I don't want to ruin the surprise.
     So my sweet, loving and super duper smart man 'o mine did something the other day that is going to pay off for us this weekend.  Since he is up at the butt crack of dawn (literally, poor guy) and is probably the only one up at that time, he won us tickets to the Calfry on Saturday night.  What, you ask, is the Calfry?  Well, another name it goes by is the Testicle Festival, and that's not just for fun.  Just more descriptive.  It's where a ton of calf fries are made, and bands come out and play all weekend and lots 'o beer is consumed.  So we will be there and get to see Gary Allen and Wade Bowen and several other performers.  Should be tons of fun and a great time out together!  I absolutely love getting to go out and being seen on my man's arm!
     We are blessed to be able to do some traveling together as a family this summer.  Currently in the works is a trip to San Antonio with my immediate family.  Lucky Sean...he gets to spend all kinds of time with the crazies!!  Great thing everyone loves him and the feeling is mutual!  And just about the time our trip wraps up in TX Jax gets to head to D.C. with my dad and step-mom and my niece for a trip just for them.  Talk about an exciting trip for a 10 year old boy!  I'm so excited for him and I can't wait to hear all about it.  And I'm sure he will for a very, very long time. 
     And my school continues.  And will all summer long.  But my stress reliever ended today...I had my last 6 am class at the gym this morning.  At least until the fall semester starts up again.  Ah well.  I have the evening classes still.  It's not the same as kickin' off your day right with the best instructor on earth.  I am absolutely in love with working out now.  And I will reschedule my day around times to get it in, and not because of how I look but because of how I feel.  I'm addicted I'm afraid!      
     All I know is that in 4 months and 4 weeks I get to marry the love of my life, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I might be a bit busy up till then.  But it's been a blast planning out the wedding and getting everything ready for the big day!!  Welp, that's about it for today and this update.  I will hopefully keep this little blog 'o mine kept up with more frequently than I have been.  But we will see. :-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment