Thursday, April 5, 2012

Up 'Till Now...

     Ok.  So I realize I've been a bit behind on this blogging deal of late, so time to play catch up with our wild and crazy busy lives.  I swore I wouldn't be one of "those" bloggers, but guess I was wrong.  Not the first time, and sure won't ever be the last!!
     School is...well...school.  I dread it most nights but at the same time, I actually find myself enjoying learning new things.  I have caught myself saying weird things like "Shouldn't this stuff get easier as I go along, since I'm learning more??".  Makes no sense, I know.  But my brain is fried.  What can I say.  I'm learning the things I enjoy are not the subjects I originally thought I would.  I still have a love for sociology.  And truth be told, if ever there were to be money made in that field, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.  But, alas, there's not.  So why waste my time and money on something that won't pay the bills?  Ergo my dilemma.  Still going with the business degree with a minor in medical management, but kinda leaning towards a masters in sociology.  That way all parts of my educational heart can be happy.  We shall see how it all turns out in the end.
     One week from tomorrow is one of the hugest days of all for us.  We close on our house!!!  I don't know who's more excited about what...us about more room or the kids about getting the puppies that are coming when we move.  There are so many awesome things happening for us that nobody can't say that God isn't involved in it!  He's sure smiling on us!  Other than not having everything packed up yet (ahem...) we are all rarin' to head over to the new house!!  We noticed that we have a fairly older man as a neighbor.  Let's hope he's a nice older man like the one that both Sean and I had as neighbors growing up.  There are so many kids and places to run and play.  Nothing like living in a col-d-sac!
     I've continued my healthy living changes...no more Cokes except for special occasions.  No candy except for when I usually have a Coke.  Nothing like having a Reece's cup with a Coke.  Nothing but high protein, complex carbs, fruits and veggies to eat.  Coffee, unsweet tea (or with Stevia...yummy stuff!) or water.  Big changes for me!!  I've also become quite addicted to Zumba.  I absolutely love shakin' it at 6 in the morning to get my day started off right.  And in the mornings there's not a class offered, there's always one later in the day.  I find I'm always checking the Colvin/Wellness Center schedules to see when the next class is.  I would say I MIGHT be addicted.  Just maybe.  Really in the scheme of things is that so bad?  There are so many other things a girl could be addicted to and I'm thinking working out can't be all that bad. :)
     Why am I doing all the working out, you ask?  Well the wedding is coming up quick!!  I wanna be one smokin' hot mama in that dress!!  Plus we have all the other pre-wedding stuff, too.  Pictures need to look good, too.  It is so exciting to be planning for our future.  All of our decisions are fun to make...it breaks my heart to hear about couples that fight and argue about their wedding and all the details.  This should be a happy day!  We are thrilled to celebrate it!!  Now the counting down begins!  Only 5 months and about 2 1/2 weeks left to go!  Plus we've FINALLY decided on our honeymoon details.  At first we debated on just doing a family vacation, but with some of our summer plans including a big one already, we decided that we needed to do a get away just for ourselves.  So....we chose....Savannah, Georgia.  We wanted a place in the south that neither of us had ever been to before.  We both love history and museums, so that will be perfect for a week away from reality to spend together, just the two of us.
     Hmmm....I think that just about covers it, for now.  That's the high points of our lives and what we have going on right now.  So many new and exciting things are are getting to experience together and as a family.  It is incredible to be able to move along on the journey together with my best friend, who makes each good day the best day of my life and the down times so much more tolerable...dare I say even fun.  Just yesterday at work one of my co-workers commented on just how how happy I look and could tell by how I carried myself that my life is where it should be and that I am full of love and loved fully.  That made my day in more ways than I could ever begin to describe.  Because it is the truth.  Never before Mr. Man walked into my life have I EVER heard that.  Not one time.  I am finally at a place where I not only can love someone freely and without any kind of walls around my heart, but I can also love myself for all that I am and all that I have to offer.  I would say that is a huge change that has been ever evolving!         

No comments:

Post a Comment